8.04.2009

J.Crew Paper Poplin Jacket In Real Life


I decided to give J.Crew's Paper Poplin Jacket a try during the last sale. I didn't care for the way it looked on the website, but in real life I do like it belted the way it was pictured in the June 2008 catalog, with the Bouquet Sash belt. 


Fit is true to size although the waist sits just a touch high on me, like a lot of J.Crew jackets do. The sleeves are long and the jacket is washable. It's unlined but the seams are finished with seam tape.


I prefer this jacket belted. The material is a lightweight cotton with a crinkled texture. I steamed my jacket before wearing. The belts I used are the Roughed-out Leather belt and the Bouquet Sash belt.

I'm wearing the Cherry Blossom necklace again, double wrapped. The color of this jacket is called warm seashell. It goes well with white and melon/orange, or pink.