8.11.2009

J.Crew's Silk Evening Primrose Top



This is J.Crew`s new Silk Evening Primrose top. The fit is true to size overall, maybe a bit looser in the body and a little more snug under the arms than some of the other silk tank tops I own in the same size.

Overall, I really like it. The combination of the vintage bow neckline and pattern are pretty and works well in fall transition outfits. The bow on the bodice lays flat and the shoulder straps have bra strap holders. The material is a sturdy silk twill. The length is good with slim pants or a pencil skirt.


The grey/green pattern goes well with light or dark grey, navy and shades of purple. I'm also wearing it with the light pewter colorblock cashmere cardigan from last year. My necklace is the cherry blossom necklace, double-wrapped.

I've seen this top on other blogs and really like the way it looks on everybody. Are you planning to add it to your fall wardrobe?