11.19.2011

J.Crew Heart Me, Heart Me Not. Sweater Review and More.


It was heart at first sight when the Heart Me sweater showed up on J.Crew's website. The bold graphic made me smile and it makes this sweater eye-catching. Apparently I'm easy that way. Make me smile and I'll buy it.

Unfortunately, the sweater was a bit disappointing in real life. As other bloggers have said, the material is not inspiring and the sizing runs small. I tried this in small and medium. The small is more fitted so I can easily size up. In the picture I'm wearing a medium and it's not too slouchy or too tight, however it is a bit short in sleeve and body length. Maybe it's supposed to be slightly cropped. I didn't find the knit was as itchy as expected after reading other reviews, but it's definitely not as soft as previous season dream sweaters. I recommend wearing a t-shirt or at least a tank top underneath.  So back it goes. I like the styling potential enough that I may pick this up again on a super super sale, but not at full price.

Something else that makes me smile, pretty shoes.  My shoe acquisitions this fall have been practical, pretty, and low to the ground. Recently though, my inner shoe minx has been casting its flirtatious eyes on new heights, like the Paulina pumps...


and these lovelies...

1. Mona Oxford Pumps
2. Mona Glitter Pumps
3. Mona Printed Pumps
4. Adrianna Leather Buckle Pumps
5. Adrianna Satin  Buckle Pumps
6. Adrianna Satin Buckle Pumps
7. Black Tie Pump
8. Viv Pumps
9. Silvia Snakeskin pumps

That's my pick of the high heel crop available at J.Crew. Aren't they hard to resist? I'm very tempted to try the hot off the fall runway style #4 or #6 Adrianna buckle pumps with the extra 30% discount.

Are any of these shoes on your wish list?