4.13.2014

Old Navy Shoe Deals, J.Crew Linen Tee, No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Lattice Medallion Print

Outfit Details:
These Are The Days Tee for the weekend (J.Crew)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Lattice Medallion Print (J.Crew)
Pointed Ballet flats (Old Navy)

Every year the same thing happens, winter turns into spring (seemingly overnight) and I feel like I'm scrambling to figure out what to wear. I unpacked my spring and summer items last week to make the transition easier. I also took advantage of the ongoing sales at J.Crew to add a few spring items to my closet.

Pointed ballet flat in silver

A couple of J.Crew look-a-like shoes also caught my eye at Old Navy, and I decided to give those a try as well.

First up, the pointed ballet flats in silver from Old Navy. These are a cute silver shoe option if you don't want to drop a lot of cash for similar styles at J.Crew. Of course the quality is not comparable to J.Crew's leather Viv's, but I think they're worth a closer look since they're a fraction of the Viv's price. These flats run TTS, the insole is cushioned, and they have non-slip soles.

Sueded demi wedge sandals

Next are the sueded demi wedge sandals. I tried these in black and beige and decided to keep the beige pair. These sandals are a nice looking and affordable alternative to J.Crew's suede demi wedge sandal. They're comfortable with a TTS fit, and the sueded material looks like the real thing.


This skirt and tee were unexpected favorites from J.Crew. At first I was on the fence about the tee because of its raw edge neckline, but it's soft and comfortable and works equally well under a denim jacket, casual blazer, or cardigan.

Have you already figured out your spring transition outfits, or are you still looking for inspiration?