2.21.2009

The New Nude Nail Color Trend

Nail polish adds the perfect finishing touch to an outfit. The beauty buzz this spring is about nude colors for nails. New milky pink and creamy beige shades are more opaque than the pink colors from previous years. The new nudes are supposed to make fingers look super long and slender.

You can find the new opaque pink and beige shades in most brands of nail polish. Three that were recommended in a magazine I saw recently are: Nude Peach by Laura Mercier($15), Cocoa by Creative Nail Design($6) and Eternal Optimist by Essie($8) from the Spring 2009 collection.

I'll be following this nail trend myself once I choose a color that works with my skin tone. I think it's a clean and elegant look that works in and out of the office, plus it goes so well with the neutral color palette of spring 2009 fashions.