5.21.2009

J.Crew Merino Flutter Trim Tunic and Pearl Ribbon Necklace Reviews


Today's post is a 2 for 1 J.Crew review featuring the Merino Flutter Trim Tunic and Pearl Ribbon Necklace.

The chiffon trims of this season lack the quality of last winter's silk detailing on the Tartrine cardigan. I really didn`t care for the frayed chiffon trim on this sweater but I do like the color, material and style, so I just removed the silk chiffon from around the neckline and hem with a pair of sharp scissors. It wasn`t difficult and I think the sweater looks much neater without the frayed trim.

It has a very deep v-neckline that works best layered over a tank. Fit is true to size, I'm wearing a small in the warm blush color which matches the Satin rosette trimmed sandals and necklace that I`m wearing.

I accessorized the sweater with the new buff pink Pearl Ribbon necklace, also from J.Crew. I like the way the adjustible black ribbon contrasts with the light pink of the necklace and sweater. The ribbon also makes this necklace very comfortable to wear.