5.13.2009

J.Crew New Arrivals - Soiree Sateen Jacket, Crocodile Cocktail Jacket, Rolling Ruffles Tank, Merino Microstripe and Library Shawl Collar Cardigans


I did say yesterday would be a fun day. That`s because the goodies I ordered last month from J.Crew  finally arrived!

On the left is J.Crew`s Soiree sateen jacket  in soft seashell. I think this jacket is very pretty in real life. I'm not 100% sold on the fit because it feels a bit large on me. I may try sizing down on this one. The sateen fabric also wrinkles easily. The jacket is fully lined and dry clean only. A washable alternative is the Paper poplin blazer.

On the right is J.Crew`s Crocodile cocktail jacket. I sized down for this style because of the pleated back, and it fits me perfectly. I LOVE this jacket and I now know why it's been so popular. 


On the left is J.Crew`s Merino microstripe V-neck cardigan in beechwood. I`m wearing it with the Rolling ruffles tank top (styling inspired by J.Crew catalogue). The fit is true to size on this one although the sleeves do feel a bit snug.

The Library shawl cardigan on the right is the pewter colorway. It's been a popular catdigan and I can understand why. It`s an effortless topper that works with slim pants, capris, skirt and shorts, belted or unbelted. Fit is true to size to generous on this one.

I may be one of the last J.Crew fans to try the Tissue rolling-ruffles tank, but I`m glad I did try it eventually. 

The Chain bow-tie necklace was also on sale. It`s a bit heavy but still comfortable to wear because of the ribbon ties.