5.06.2013

J.Crew Swoop Top in Punk Floral Review, Photos, Styling Ideas

  

More new arrivals from the recent sitewide sale! J.Crew's Swoop top in punk floral print was on my must try list since my green color crush is still going strong from last winter. The fit is true to size. I like my tops to fit looser at the moment and the body on this style is cut that way. The silk also drapes nicely which helps a bit with shaping.

 


Top: J.Crew Swoop top in punk floral

Jeans: Victoria's Secret
Clutch: Suede envelope clutch
Shoes (1): Adrianna buckle pumps
Shoes (2 and 3): Cate leather high-heel slingback
Pants: Factory skimmer pant in wool
Jacket (below) : Plaid boucle tweed jacket
Skirt (below) : No. 2 Pencil skirt in navy-white stripe

 

I don't think this top is too sheer unless it's worn over something like the bold striped skirt, below. 


One thing I did find odd is the way the upper part of the back is held together with one small stitch. I plan to reinforce it with several more. I suppose if you're a daring fashionista, the stitch could be removed completely to show off your back this summer.


I really like this top overall, but I think the Swoop is a style that you just have to try if you're curious about it. The neckline, loose cut and open back detail may not appeal to some ladies.