6.04.2014

1 Piece, 3 Ways - Styling Inspiration from Ann Taylor

Inspiration: Striped Organza Skirt (Ann Taylor)

It's been a while since I did an inspired outfit post, so when I came across 1 Piece, 3 Ways with the pretty Striped organza skirt on Ann Taylor's website, I knew it was time to visit my closet for some inspired outfit fun. I'm using a J.Crew classic, the silk dupioni skirt, in each outfit. Full skirts look stylish at any time of the year, but they're especially fun to wear with bare legs and sandals in the spring and summer.

Linen boyshirt in diamond ikat
Large leather trim pouch
Fedora
Audrey ballet flats
J.Crew silk skirt (old)

I think this is my favorite look. The Linen boyshirt mixes easily with so many items in my closet. Untucked and tied at the waist, it's a fun way to top off a full skirt for the weekend.  


High-low hem linen sweater
Tortoise crystal pendant necklace (love this!!)
Large leather trim pouch
J.Crew silk skirt (old)

This outfit is one that I'll be wearing soon as well. My sweater is from last summer, a great find at F21, it has a high-low hem and it's made from easy care linen. 

J.Crew jacket (old)
Tortoise and stone necklace
Faux leather crossbody
J.Crew silk skirt (old)

I like the look of a tailored black jacket with a full skirt and heels, but it's not an outfit that I would reach for as often as a tee and more casual blazer or a denim jacket. The purse is from Forever 21 - proof that you don't have to spend a lot for a stylish seasonal accessory! If you're looking for a cream colored bag that's big enough to carry the basics, this one is definitely worth checking out.

It won't be difficult to come up with several more ways to mix my newest tops and accessories with this neutral colored, classic skirt. Now that I have new styling inspiration for it, I plan to bring it back into rotation again.