11.18.2014

November Style Inspiration - Ivory and Black

J.Crew Cleo suede loafer

Here's another inspired outfit from this month's Looks We Love feature on J.Crew's website. Classic ivory and black in solid and animal print. I couldn't resist adding a third color with the merlot/burgundy Edie purse in my first outfit, and a printed scarf in the second outfit (see last image, below).

This is the outfit inspiration from J.Crew. I really like the Shawl collar tuxedo blazer below but a cozy cardigan works better with my lifestyle.

November Syle Inspiration


1. Shawl collar tuxedo blazer
2. Roll sleeve tee 
3. Lookout high-rise jean in black
4. Mini tassel necklace
5. Dulci calf hair kitten heel loafers

For the first inspired outfit I layered a cashmere cardigan over a classic black/white leopard print blouse. Black jeans, suede flats, a lariet tassel necklace, and merlot Edie bag accessorize the look. All these items are older favorites from my closet that mix into a very budget friendly outfit.

From My Closet...

For my second inspired outfit, the same cardigan is layered over a white tee (black or light grey work too), black skinny jeans (also try coated or leather pants) and black kitten heels. The scarf adds the original outfit's animal print element.
From My Closet...

My favorite styling trick this fall (borrowed from the Style Guide) is wearing a scarf under my jacket or cardigan. It makes the top part of an outfit look longer (trending now), and I find that it's more comfortable to wear indoors than wrapping a scarf all the way around my neck.

Ribbon chain necklace