8.06.2009

New Silk Top From Forever21 and J.Crew Painter Tees


Today I'm wearing the Sheer Floral Silk Top from Forever21 with a J.Crew tank, ankle toothpick jeans, Cate slingback heels, Prism bracelet, and the metallic Thompson tote. The colors in the top are a perfect match with current J.Crew colors.

__________________________________________

And now a rant...

One of the new pieces I was looking forward to getting from J.Crew was the Textured Jersey Boatneck Painter Tee. I ordered the Plum Raisin and Pale Lilac colors. The fit is nice and I love the material and colors, but I was disappointed to see the raw edged neckline of this top.


The unfinished edges remind me of Flash Dance, and the strange thing is that two-thirds of the collar IS finished, only a section of the back isn`t. These are going back.


Even the cheaper Forever21 top features a precisely sewn self bound finish around the neckline!



While the Painter tees didn't work out for me, the Silk Evening Primrose Top and the black Ankle Toothpick jeans did. A post with those items is next.