10.20.2009

J.Crew Hammered-Metal Skirt



I ordered the Hammered metal skirt in my regular size 2 as well as size 4. I ended up keeping the size 4 - which is also what I'm wearing in the pictures. The skirt does fit true to size and I only kept the bigger size because it sits lower on my waist and gives some extra length. The waist on the size 4 measures 31" and the length is 21" from waist to hem.


This skirt is a straight cut style that doesn't feel tight on my hips. The material is like the silk Lumiere cami with one big difference, it's lined and not itchy like the cami.

I like the crinkled fabric because it doesn't need to be ironing so it's great for travel. The texture also helps to hide lumps and bumps. :) I wore the skirt for several hours and the crinkles didn't fall out of the fabric. I also steamed the skirt before wearing and that didn't take out the crinkles either.

The front pockets are well placed and practical. The small front pleats lay flat so they don't accentuate a belly.

I'm wearing J.Crew's Wool blend ribbed tights in the heather graphite color with the skirt.