10.21.2009

Two More J.Crew Skirts and My Gift from J.Crew Arrived!


I was trying to decide whether I should return J.Crew's Deco Shirred skirt and wait for it to go on sale since I seldom pay full price for J.Crew items.

My only issue with this skirt is the length. It's basically a mini skirt on me. The print is wonderful though, so I decided to size up. Way up. Normally I take size 2 in skirts, maybe a 4 if I want it to sit lower on my waist. In this case I went all the way up to size 8! The size 8 waist measures 31 inches so it sits at the top of my hips instead of my natural waist. There`s also an inch and a half of hem that could be let down for even more length. I`m considering these options because I think it's a classic print and shape and a beautiful material. The material drapes well so sizing up doesn`t make it too full or poufy.

I also tried the Terra Paisley mini (top, right).

__________________________________________________

Here's something that put a smile on my face yesterday. A gift from J.Crew!


The lovely Heirloom flora earrings.



Thank you J.Crew! :)