1.15.2010

New Tops from J.Crew and Forever 21


This is the Victoria ruffle tissue cami, one of my favorite new items from J.Crew recently. It's a clone of the Victoria cami but made from a washable knit. I like this top as a layering piece. I'm wearing an XS. 



This is J.Crew's Belted cardigan in breeze (size small). The knit is a lightweight cotton that`s essentially for spring and summer wear. The exposed seam construction on this piece is consistent with J.Crew's 'relaxed' style of late. The ties pull the fabric forward to give a customized fit. Another option would be tie them at the back. Fit is true to size.



This is the Striped Jewel button cardigan from Forever 21. This sweater is from their Twelve by Twelve line. I was inspired to buy it after I saw it on Chloe in one of her recent posts. I was impressed with this top and if you like some bling, you'll adore the buttons on this sweater. The fit is true to size and the knit is hand washable silk/cotton.


This is the Julia sweater cardigan, also from Forever 21. It has Chanel jacket vibe done in classic black and white. This cardi is very pretty IRL. The length is cropped. I ordered this in medium and the fit is perfect.


This is the Hooded cover-up, a clearance item from Forever 21 and another Twelve collection piece that seems to have sold out since I ordered it. The material on this top is a hand wash, cotton/cashmere blend.


The last sweater is also from Forever 21, called the Speckled tie belt cardigan. It's not in the same league as  J.Crew's marled cardigans in terms of fabric quality, but it does have a flattering shape. The crochet construction has a couple of see-through areas in front, below the waist and along the arms. It does look more see-through on my photos than it is in real life.

For my readers who like to shop through pictures...I hope these were helpful. :)