6.26.2010

Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Sequins

J.Crew is making sequins hard to resist this summer, even for a sequins equal winter holidays minded fashionista like me.

Meet the three sequined favorites that made it into my closet recently (with sale prices of course).

1. Sequin Starland tank with J.Crew's Cotton ruffle cardigan. This tank is gorgeous, but not very subtle when it comes to the sparkle. It definitely shines - in a classy way. Fit and feel are great. This one is lined silk, and has a plain back, bra strap holders, and a side zipper.




The full-on sparkle effect. Pretty, especially under lights.




2. Stripe Sequin Boatneck. This is a version of sequins I feel comfortable wearing when I'm just hanging out or doing errands. It has an any time of year sparkle. It's also a Collection piece. I sized down and got the not too loose fit I was looking for. Only the stripes in front have the sequin accents.




3. Sequin Stripe Henley tank. This tank sold out online in this color in XS, so I ended up getting a small. It's a fun layering top. The sequins feel smooth and lay flat because they're sewn down. They have a nice shine that adds interest to whatever is worn over it. I'm wearing it in the picture below with J.Crew's Linen-cotton wrap cardigan.




My shorts are the Drapey Supper short in the mink color. These shorts are very comfortable. So much so that I could easily live in them all summer long. The material is a washable silk-linen blend. The style is slouchy with a fitted waist and front pleats.