8.02.2010

Hello August


August is here and I'm still dressed for summer while J.Crew is twisting my arm that it's time to buy earth-toned, nubby tweeds and military inspired pieces for Fall.

The summer to fall fashion transition always leaves me a little uncertain about what to wear and when to start wearing it.

This transition outfit above is just my style. It features a shirt instead of a cardigan or jacket, layered over a sleeveless top. The colors and textures say fall without being too warm or bulky. I'm a fan of pencil skirts, so I would wear the jacket with this skirt, or these skinny pants and also these boots.






1. Herringbone workshirt (in warm taupe)
2. Khloe jacquard cami (in cobblestone)
3. Braided chain and pearl bracelet4. Coddington leather platform pumps (in sand dune)
5. Wool bell skirt (in heather charcoal)
6. Classic leather tote (in espresso)
7. Calf hair belt (for those who missed this one last year, it's back)