1.29.2012

A Rose Party With J.Crew's Silk Pleat Skirt in Crimson Floral


 
Silk pleat skirt in crimson floral (I love pockets on a skirt)

I'm an easy target for a good deal on a clever piece, which is exactly why I took a chance on this skirt. The Silk pleat skirt in crimson floral  was a holiday item, but I plan to wear mine for Valentine's Day and beyond. If you bought one too then you know how pretty the print is in real life. If you don't have it and like the print and style, grab one before it sells out.

The waist runs small on this style. Sizing up also adds a bit of extra length because the skirt sits lower on the waist. I'm 5'8" for reference. I sized up to a 6 (waist measures 14.5" laid flat). I usually take a 2 or 4 in J.Crew skirts.

These are the measurements I received from customer service for the skirt:

Size 2 waist 27.5 inches, hip 38 inches
Size 4 waist 28.5 inches, hip 39 inches
Size 6 waist 29.5 inches, hip 40 inches




Here's a few of the ways I'll be wearing it...



With the Perfect fit mixed tape cardigan. It's hard to tell from the photo but my t-shirt also has thin stripes that match the bronze-olive colors in the skirt.


Does it work with rugby stripes?  I kind of like it. How about throwing a Downtown field jacket over it? The Dream stripe tee sweater is similar to mine and comes with short sleeves.


I can't resist trying it with a tissue turtleneck and my Excursion quilted vest too. This vest goes with everything!  I think the skirt looks best with simple sweaters and shirts in shades of red, olive, white, and black.



Another option with sequined stripes, statement necklace and a black denim jacket.