2.11.2012

Madewell Silk Stripe Tank, Spotted Pictureshow Tee, Rouge Dot Skirt & More


Silk Stripe Tank
J.Crew Cardigan, F21 Skinnies, Talbots Heels

This is the same material as J.Crew's microspun pocket tank from last year. Size small measurements (laid flat): chest @ 16", sweep @ 19". The colors go perfectly with the cobblestone and light pink sweaters in my closet from past season J.Crew. I think this top should have been done as a short sleeve tee. The shoulder straps are close together so it works best with a strapless bra.



Block Stripe Hoodie
J.Crew shorts


100% cotton. Measurements (laid flat) on a small: chest @19" hem sweep @20". Good quality mid/heavy weight cotton knit. Worth considering at full price. I was summer dreaming with shorts but I can also wear this now with jeans and cords. 


 Rouge Dot Skirt
Top and Bracelets J.Crew, Heels F21

100% silk w/poly lining. Measurements (laid flat and unstretched) size small: waist 13", length 27". On trend, pretty and comfortable midi length skirt. The lightweight silk material on this would be great for spring/summer.



Dots are on trend this season. Madewell's take on the trend with this tee is just a bit different and I think it's a very flattering one.


 Spotted Pictureshow Tee and The Suede Passenger Clutch
J.Crew skirt and bracelet, Talbots heels, F21 skinnies

Measurements (laid flat) on size small: chest @ 18", shoulder width @ 14", sweep @ 20".  This top features  cotton/modal sleeves and back and a silk front that's not sheer. The dots are a vivid blue color. This is a well made work/casual top that I'd consider at full price.


Joylight Pocket Pullover and Striped Circle Scarf

And of course you've seen this sweater and scarf before in this post and this post. They're a couple of my favorites. 


The Suede Sidewalk Skimmer and The Suede Passenger Clutch

So that's My Madewell shopping spree round-up. Whew! Overall I was impressed with the quality of all these items. The sizing on everything I tired is the same as what I would wear in J.Crew pieces (including the The Sidewalk skimmers. The Madewell colors are also a good match with my older J.Crew items.