9.06.2012

Late Summer Outfits Part 2

Outfit details:
Stripe Twisted Stitch henley: J.Crew
Lula Leopard Ballet flats: J.Crew
Matchstick jeans: J.Crew
Farmers Market tote: J.Crew
Etched Ring necklace: Forever 21

Part 2 of my Late Summer Outfits (see yesterday's post with Part 1 here) features some more old and new items from my closet. Closet shopping is fun, isn't it? It seems like the longer I hang on to an item the more ways I come up with styling it! Of course with every season there are new additions that give my old favorites fresh appeal. Sometimes it's just a trending necklace or bracelet (it doesn't need to be expensive), a scarf, or maybe a new bag. Accessories are the easiest way to update an outfit.





Outfits left to right: J.Crew shirt, tank, clutch, sandals, F21 necklace; F21 tank, sandals, J.Crew necklace, clutch, skirt; Madewell tee, scarf, J.Crew pants, bag, bracelets sandals, J.Crew tee, skirt, bag, flats, F21 cuff; Gap jacket, American Eagle Outfitters scarf, J.Crew dress, clutch, sandals



Outfits left to right: J.Crew top, skirt, bracelets, clutch, F21 sandals; Madewell top, skimmers, J.Crew tank, pants, clutch, F21 necklace; J.Crew top, skirt, clutch, shoes, bracelet, F21 belt; J.Crew sweater pants, tote, bracelets, shoes; J.Crew top, pants, shoes, bracelet, clutch, 21 belt

Outfits left to right: J.Crew sweater, tank, jeans, clutch, flats, F21 necklace; Madewell top, J.Crew tank, clutch, pants, wedge heels, F21 choker; J.Crew top, bracelets, belt, clutch, wedge heels, F21 pants; J.Crew sweater, jeans, tote, bracelets, flats; J.Crew tee, tote, skirt, F21 scarf and sandals

And finally here's a couple of  outfits that I wore back in July that I didn't have a chance to post at the time. Stripes and more stripes - I couldn't get enough of stripes this summer, how about you?


Outfits left to right: Stripe Twisted Stitch henley, J.Crew | Bold Stripe scarf, Forever 21 | 1969 Denim Jacket, Gap (similar) | Quincy hobo, J.Crew | Linen Keepsake tee, Madewell | Drawstring mini, J.Crew | Belt, J.Crew Factory | Leather Caravan Satchel, Madewell

____________________________________________


It's still too warm where I live to break out the fall heavyweights but I'm working on transition dressing  now with fall-like colors in lighter pieces. Of course all the new arrivals in stores are having the desired effect on me because I'm craving berry and burgundy shades and cozy fabrics even though I won't be wearing them for at least another month.