6.30.2013

Bananas - J.Crew Linen Botanical Tank


Outfit Details:
Tank: Linen Botanical tank
Skirt: Factory Pencil Skirt in double serge cotton
Shirt: Delaney eyelet trim shirt
Clutch: Havana clutch
Sandal: Braided metallic sandal
Bangle: Curved lines cuff

This is my first time styling this top. The cotton Delaney eyelet shirt (J.Crew SP 11) makes a lightweight topper on hot summer days. I sized down and got a petite in this style because it was quite long and voluminous in my regular size. You can still find it on eBay in one of three colors. My skirt is from last year and it's back at the Factory again this year like the Havana clutch. My sandals and cuff are from Forever 21.


The banana print tank is a fun top for summer. It layers well with neutrals like white and olive, or trendier shades like mint and bright orange/coral. I like J.Crew's take on this tropical fruit print the best this season, but here's a few other eye-catching pieces to channel an updated Carmen Miranda vibe.

  1. Lulu Frost Banana earring
  2. Moto Banana Print Denim Skirt 
  3. Lulu Frost Banana necklace 
  4. Serpui Marie Pic Nic Wicker Minaudiere
  5. Moto Banana Print Denim Jacket