11.26.2013

Three Capsule Wardrobe Outfits


I'm behind on capsule wardrobe posts this week so it's time to catch-up. Here's what I wore on the weekend and yesterday. My original jeans and jacket outfit was supposed to be with a pair of J.Crew's lace-up suede peep-toe booties but I decided to go with tall flat boots instead. You can't see the boots well in this photo, but these are J.Crew's Britten tall boots with the gold zipper back close. The metallic flecked tweed jacket and bracelet are older J.Crew favorites from my closet. The classic tissue turtleneck is an affordable way to spruce up older fall and winter jackets.

If the pricetag on J.Crew's tweed jackets is making you cringe this season, the LOFT has an affordable option that's similar to the one I'm wearing. Banana Republic also offers a version without pockets.

I also wore a favorite cardigan from J.Crew that came out a few years ago, the Rimini. The moto cut was ahead of its time back then and still works nicely over a new graphic t-shirt and the lovely pinwheel foulard cafe capri pants. I especially like these pants because the neutral colored print makes them so versatile. 



Here's one more outfit with this week's capsule wardrobe separates. It uses another one of my favorite older J.Crew sweaters, the Dream open shawl collar cardigan. I love the color on this cozy and warm knit - it's a pinkish taupe that works really well with my skintone.




I'm getting a lot of wear from fall's Kiss Kiss t-shirt. It's a fun graphic top that's eyecatching but still neutral under sweaters and jackets. The Coquette hobo in shimmer leather and sparkling bangle were both fall/holiday releases by J.Crew from a few years ago. The bag is not the most practical for daily use, but it's really eyecatching and edgy for a J.Crew design. Both are still among my favorite accessories. I usually break out the bag right around this time of year, and this season it reminds me of Stella McCartney's pricey Falabella metallic leather bags.

You can see the 12 separates that I'm using in this week's capsule wardrobe here. The neutral colors in this week's palette also go well with fall's metallic and dark nail polish and lip colors.