11.27.2013

Bling Bling, A New Ring


Anjolee Jewelers contacted me recently to ask if I would be interested in reviewing one of their products. I had a very positive experience dealing with them in the past and found them to be a reputable online jewelry store, so I was more than happy to include a review about one of their beautiful rings on my blog. 

Not surprisingly, the holiday season is the most popular time of the year for wedding proposals. I got engaged on Christmas Day and still remember the excitement of opening a small jewelry box and discovering a sparkling diamond engagement ring inside. I said yes, of course. :)

My own ring is a diamond solitaire set in platinum. While I still love it, we've talked about having the diamond reset into a different band at some point since I prefer the look of a multi-stone ring more now. And funny enough, Mr. ABC told me that he originally chose a three-stone engagement ring before he found out that I wanted a solitaire at the time.

Anjolee's selection of bridal sets are available in many styles including solitaire, halo, and classic three-stone rings. I chose a ring from their 3-stone engagement ring collection. This is the Nine Stone Diamond Engagement Ring (style no. SR21-D) in 10K two tone gold. The ring is set with CZ stones for this review, and has a total carat weight of 1.57 (center stone @ .87ct, 2 sides @ .25ct, 6 accents @ .033ct). It's even more beautiful in person than I expected, and I'm seriously thinking about getting the center CZ stone replaced with my own diamond, along with adding smaller side diamonds.

I really like that it's classic yet also modern, and the round cut stones give it amazing sparkle. I went with a two tone gold setting because I like the way white gold (or platinum) looks against diamonds. I also appreciate the versatility that a two tone setting gives if you wear both gold and silver colored jewelry, which I do. At just over 28mm in height, the setting of this ring is still low enough that it doesn't get caught on everything. The smaller side stones give the band extra sparkle that also help to hide signs of wear on the band. The band feels solid and comfortable, and Anjolee's ring sizing is spot on.


Anjolee recently introduced a new feature on their website. If you purchase an engagement ring from their online store, you can also order an affordable replica ring from them at the same time. I often remove my ring because I'm afraid that I'll lose it, or damage it, or I just don't feel comfortable travelling with it. What could be better for those situations than being able to wear an inexpensive duplicate of your very own engagement ring? I haven't seen this option from any other online jewelry retailer and I think it's a brilliant idea. 

Along with great images of all their products and a wide range of customization options, Anjolee's website also provides detailed measurements for every diamond and ring they sell. I found it made choosing the carat weight and even the height of my ring's setting easier, and I received exactly what I envisioned in a multi stone ring.

If you're shopping for an engagement ring this holiday season, I would definitely recommend checking out Anjolee Jewelers online selection of beautiful and affordable ethical diamond engagement rings.