11.28.2013

J.Crew New Arrival Picks and Another Capsule Wardrobe Outfit

  1. Marled colorblock sweater
  2. Thanks tee
  3. V-neck cardigan
  4. Dazzling pebble necklace
  5. Gold stripe mini 
  6. Tortoise clutch
  7. Fanned droplets necklace or earrings
  8. Kiki contrast cap-toe ballet flats
  9. Shirttail mini in sequins (comes in regular and tall length)
  10. Satin ankle cuff pumps
  11. Hello tee
  12. Suede and satin ballet flats
  13. Cashmere tipped sweater
I'm always excited to see what J.Crew serves up for the holiday season even if it's usually a predictable mix of eye candy in red, plaid, sparkles, bling, and dressy fabrics that seldom see wear beyond the month of December. This year I managed to hold  myself back from ordering seasonal themed goodies after a quick inventory of my closet showed that I already have enough colorful sweaters, holiday red, sequins, and plaid tops and bottoms to take me through December.

I like these new arrival pieces because the neutral colors work from fall until late winter and look festive or not, depending on how they're accessorized.

And speaking of neutrals, here's another outfit I put together from this week's capsule wardrobe separates. The deep surplice neckline of this sweater works well with a larger statement necklace. 





I'll have a few more outfit photos from the week that I'll post tomorrow.