11.09.2013

Green, Blue, Pink Inspired Capsule Wardrobe


I missed not having a capsule wardrobe in rotation this past week and I had already picked out a new capsule in cocoa, dusty pink, and black for next week. That was before the arrival of email from J.Crew yesterday - a reminder for Coat Season. When I saw the combination of greens, blue, and pink, I changed my mind and decided that's what I want to wear instead. I exchanged the original items with these 12 separates from my closet: 

See outfits with this capsule wardrobe here.
  1. Jackie pullover
  2. Blythe silk blouse
  3. Factory classic button-down in printed cotton
  4. Selvedge jean
  5. Moss tweed pencil skirt
  6. Lisette lace shell
  7. Long sleeve tee
  8. Petal skirt
  9. Merino long cardigan
  10. Stovepipe trouser in wool
  11. Rugby stripe boatneck top (azure),
  12. Merino long cardigan, (warm jade)

The color inspiration from J.Crew

  1. Toothpick cord (hammock green)
  2. Cashmere turtleneck sweater
  3. Classic button-down shirt in printed cotton 
  4. Medallion tie silk skirt
  5. Stadium cloth cocoon coat
  6. Darby studded cap toe loafers
  7. Geometric floral necklace
  8. Claremont purse
  9. Everly suede pumps
  10. Majesty peacoat
Trust J.Crew to bring interesting color combinations to every season. I would not have thought to mix pink and azure blue with greens for fall, but it works and it's pretty. I plan to use coats and scarves in navy and camel to add practical warmth to my outfits.