7.04.2009

J.Crew Silk Indigo Floral Skirt Review



This skirt was at the top of my 'wishlist from J.Crew's newest arrivals. I rarely buy J.Crew at full price but this skirt was the exception because it sold out so quickly. It is beautiful in real life! The fabric looks and feels amazing and the design and fit are spot on.

The lined silk has a luxurious drape and texture. I was able to remove shipping wrinkles easily from it with a quick steaming. One of my favorite details on this skirt is the back vent. It's actually a closed pleat.

This skirt sits at my waist and hits above the knee. It actually looks longer on the J.Crew models than it does on me.

Obviously the pattern and colors are what make the Silk Indigo Floral skirt a stand-out piece.


I took some photos of outfits I could make with this skirt. Here's the skirt with a couple of navy tee-shirts (Tissue Boyfriend tee and Tissue Pleated Top). Below, with the Georgia cardigan in Bistro Orange and pewter Scoopneck tee.



With the glazed pecan Merino Michelle cardigan and pewter Scoopneck tee.



And the Bow Necklace cardigan (bows removed) in light pewter and tonal tee.


Was this print on your J.Crew list from the last rollout? Chime in if you own it, or are planning to buy any of the Indigo Floral items.

___________________________________________________


My next review will be on J.Crew's Space Dyed cotton cardigan.