6.30.2010

J.Crew Ikat Dot Pencil Skirt


I'm a pencil skirt kind of gal. I'm also a fan of A-line skirts. I own a lot of skirts. I just don't wear them as often as I should. I lean towards casual and semi-casual styling. So I look for pieces that work within those parameters, but still look polished. J.Crew's Ikat Dot pencil skirt comes to the rescue. It's also a smart addition to a work wardrobe that revolves around classic pieces. The fit is TTS. I'm wearing a regular size 2, length (21"). 

The website description of the skirt reads:
This is a real hand-woven, Japanese-influenced ikat. We love the subtle variations in the garment resulting from the ancient hand-labored weaving technique and the slub of the silk. Sits above waist. Back zip. Back vent. Fully lined. 21" long. Part of the J.Crew Collection. Import. Dry clean.



The skirt is thin but lined, so it's great for summer. The neutral color and pattern make it easy to mix and match with items that most of us already own. I tried styling it a couple of different ways. First with a denim jacket, elastic convertible belt, marled tee and Bisbee tote, and with the Linen-cotton wrap cardigan and sequin tank  and statement necklace.