8.26.2011

A Little Bling Dresses Up Basics

Outfit details:
Perfect-shirt in silk: J.Crew
Mirabel pencil skirt: J.Crew
Gemstone Fascination pendant necklace w/Amethyst: Anjolee

One of my all time favorite colors is purple, so when the kind folks at Anjolee asked if I would feature their jewelry on my blog, I was naturally drawn to something that would showcase my birthstone color, amethyst.

If you're looking for a pretty  Diamond necklace or Diamond pendant, Anjolee has a very nice selection available on their website. The pendant style I'm wearing was made with the mid-size gemstone (2.74ct), and yellow gold. This particular one is surrounded with cz stones instead of the real diamonds that would be used on Diamond pendants ordered from their website. You can also customize the size, color, gemstone quality and metal type for their gemstone and diamond jewelry.

I think the vivid color of the amethyst gemstone in the pendant goes so well with this year's fall colors, like the warm jade shirt I'm wearing, and the dark grape top below.

I tend to wear statement necklaces more than smaller pendant styles, but I really do like the way a smaller necklace with a pretty gemstone can make basics like a t-shirt or button up style look and feel more dressy and special.