11.21.2012

Outfit Styling with J.Crew's Café Capri in Colorblock

Do you ever find that some items linger in the sale section until the price drops low enough to grab your attention and then you wonder why you didn't notice it before? I did that with the Café Capri in Colorblock. These pants are a little different with the colorblock hem detail, but not as intimidating as some of this season's colorful pants.

The wool Cafe capri pants don't work for everyone but since the price was reduced again, I'm willing to give them a try. I'll report back on how they worked out in real life.

These are a few virtual outfits that I came up with for the pants using items from my closet. Colors are modern red, olive, ivory, blue, black, and animal print.



Some of the items I used above, available from J.Crew (on sale too):
  • Café Capri in Colorblock 
  • Rugby stripe boatneck top 
  • Tissue turtleneck tee in stripe also in solid 
  • Excursion quilted vest 
  • Classic merino long cardigan 
  • Viv patent flats 
  • Mona tassel heels
  • Colorblock boatneck
  • Sandwashed silk tee 
and from J.Crew Factory (also on sale):
  • Tissue turtleneck tee (mine seems a bit thicker and roomier than the regular JC store version)
  • Dorset purse and the Vero clutch go with everything!

  • this is Madewell's Camden satchel in colorblock in real life. I used in some of my outfits above. I love the color combination on this bag and even more with that printed silk scarf from J.Crew.