12.12.2012

J.Crew Collection Silk Ribbon Bow-Print Pajama Pant

Outfit details:
Silk ribbon bow-print pajama pant: J.Crew
Classic ballet flats: J.Crew

Ribbons and bows are featured on quite a few items from J.Crew this season but pretty green cords and the cute sweater with bows aren't as wearable as pajama pants, at least for me. These pants were even shown with sparkly pumps and a cashmere sweater for party season in J.Crew's December style guide.



The outfit caught my eye, but in reality I don't think I'd be as confident to wear them in public (except on this blog). Maybe for entertaining at home, or as spring Palazzo pants? To me they're a pajama pant and there's no disguising it, even with a pretty print or luxe silk. I'll give them high marks for comfort and cuteness though. Fit runs large. I'm wearing XS and they're still quite roomy. I'm also 5'8" and you can see they're a nice length with my ballet flats. A shirt is also available in this print.



The wide drawstring that ties in a cute bow at the waist gets a bit lost in the pattern. I think that a contrasting ribbon would have been more interesting, The material isn't sheer at all and the matte silk is soft to touch with a nice drape.