1.21.2013

J.Crew No. 2 Skirt in Scroll Print, Merino Boyfriend Sweater and Factory Printed Skimmer Pant


It's a long way off yet from the winter thaw when this No. 2 Scroll print skirt can go outside in my corner of the world, but a few lucky ladies who live in warmer climes are already rocking it. It is sold out on the website already but if you have your heart set on getting it, watch for pop-backs.


 Merino boyfriend sweater
Long No. 2 skirt in scroll print

I like it best with tops in blue, ivory/white and that wild mushroom color that J.Crew offered in 2010. The only strike against this skirt is the polyester lining, which may be uncomfortable in hot weather.

I'm also wearing it with the Merino boyfriend sweater. This sweater is my definition of a closet workhorse. The shape is modern and effortless. I took one size smaller than my regular J.Crew sweater size.


I also tried these Printed Skimmer pants from J.Crew Factory. I'm not obsessed with polka dots the way I am with stripes, but I think these are fun for spring and summer.


Merino Boyfriend sweater
Factory Printed Skimmer pants
Tortoise link bracelet
Tillary tote (a personal favorite from J.Crew)

The pants, sweater, skirt, and bracelet are early additions to my spring wardrobe. A few pieces like these can update older items in the closet and create many new outfits.


This is the Tortoise link bracelet. It's a style that goes well with skinny bracelets.