I had my eye on the Two-tone waffle cardigan for some time before the lure of a 40% off promotion at J.Crew convinced me to order it. This sweater is well made and features a soft and thick merino knit. I ended up with a medium because the small size was sold out at the time. It's a bit roomy in the torso, but I guess I can live with that.
Tee - J.Crew
Pants - J.Crew
Bag - Madewell, similar
Shoes - J.Crew, see below
- warm, 100% merino wool, thick knit that holds its shape
- good construction
- I don't find it to be itchy (I've become quite sensitive to wool)
- pattern and thick knit add some visual weight
- I think the sleeve length would have been a bit short for my long arms in a size small
- slight pilling under arms after a day of wear
I think the outfit would look better with the cardigan buttoned up at the bottom under the jacket. Other options could be skinny black jeans and boots, also a tissue turtleneck.
Accessorized with a statement necklace.
Necklace - Lulu Frost for J.Crew, similar
I'm wearing the Darby loafers in patent leather from last winter. Fit is true to size and very comfortable!
1. Merino boyfriend sweater
2. Painter boatneck tee in stripe
3. Perfect fit long sleeve tee
4. Hacking jacket in double-serge wool
5. Grand stone bracelet (also necklace)
I think the pattern on this scarf works well for accessorizing casual outfits. Photo c/o the lovely Rose, who saw it last weekend.
J.Crew also offers the Collection cafe in bazaar print
I'm slowly narrowing down my first impression favorites list. My goal is to just add a few pieces to update my outfits this spring. We'll see how that plan turns out. ;)