2.08.2013

J.Crew Double Cloth Slim Trench Coat



Sometimes it pays to be late coming to the winter coat shopping party. I didn't buy one at the beginning of winter but I was able to get this Double Cloth Slim Trench for a great sale price not so very long ago. It has sold out in most sizes and colors on the website so watch for pop-backs occasionally.




I'm wearing the vintage burgundy color. My camera makes it look more red than burgundy, but it is dark burgundy in real life. I like everything about this coat. The one thing that would make it better is if it came with a longer belt. Sizing up in the jacket does make the belt slightly longer, but it's still too short for tying.



Double-cloth Slim Trench - J.Crew
Cafe Capri in Navy Tweed - J.Crew
Mona Tassel heels - J.Crew
Bag - Madewell

Like the name implies, this coat has a slim fit, especially in the shoulder and chest areas. I sized up to accommodate layered tops (I'm wearing a regular size, not tall), and I think the coat still has a fairly slim appearance (extra fabric can be cinched with the belt).

My other outerwear sale purchases from J.Crew this season were the Excursion quilted vests in herringbone and plain, and the Double-cloth Symphony Coat.