10.25.2013

Camel, Black, Blue 12 Piece Capsule Wardrobe

Camel and black are classic fall colors that my wardrobe is well stocked with. Retailers accessorize the combination each year with other trending colors. I  took next week's 12 piece Capsule Wardrobe inspiration from the color combination of the Must Have Looks feature at Ann Taylor, with blue as the accent color.

These are the separates from my closet that I'll be using to put my outfits together with over the next week:

  1. Animal print shirt
  2. Oversize merino pocket sweater
  3. Minnie pants in bi-stretch wool
  4. Grey jeans
  5. Cafe capri in wool
  6. Tipped boyshirt
  7. Lace tee
  8. Beaded stamp graphic tee
  9. Long merino cardigan
  10. Novo stripe bomber blouse
  11. Lisette lace shell
  12. Colorblock cashmere sweater


Color Inspiration
  1. Lacey leather cap toe booties
  2. Pear bracelet
  3. Intersection knit dress
  4. Teardrop lace skirt
  5. Tie front tipped blouse, pants
  6. Gallery sweater, skirt
  7. Nadine leather and suede pumps
  8. Katharine lace pumps
I really like a lot of what Ann Taylor is offering this season, although I wish there were more silk and less poly tops to choose from. And while J.Crew's coveted pencil skirts were sparse this fall (at least affordable ones), Ann Taylor came out with some very pretty ones. The Teardrop lace skirt is one I would like to try. It's cotton and comes in several lengths, including tall.