10.01.2013

Fall Outfit Styling Inspiration with Ann Taylor

I'm using outfit inspiration from Ann Taylor to re-mix items from my closet in today's post. Patterns and shapes change from season to season, so the easiest way to work with inspired outfits is to follow similar colors instead of trying to match items exactly. Of course if the pieces from the original look are classic shapes, then it's easier to make the copied outfit look similar to the original. One way to do that is to stock your closet with basics like the Classic merino long cardigan, Perfect fit t-shirt, and Classic silk blouse, from J.Crew.










The outfits that are from my closet span several years of J.Crew shopping. It's fun to be reminded of what I have and maybe some new ways of wearing items this fall. The Ann Taylor looks also gave me ideas for upcoming Capsule wardrobe colors in black/white, navy/green, pink/black, and camel/navy.