4.02.2014

Easy Outfit Inspiration - Gingham Shirt, Blue, Neutral



  1. Belted safari jacket 
  2. Fitted non-iron gingham shirt 
  3. Navy ponte fit and flare skirt
  4. Candace crossbody 
I'm sure we've seen this combination of colors before. When it comes to the gingham shirt, it's been styled in almost every way you can think of. It was still nice to see the well loved pattern return in the spring roll-out from Banana Republic. The combination of vivid blue with a light neutral and navy (or black) works spring through fall and always looks sharp. Much better than I was able to capture in my photo.


  • Gingham Perfect Shirt (J.Crew)
  • Safari leather jacket (Danier)
  • Cafe capri in wool (J.Crew) 
  • Leather belt (J.Crew)
  • Valentina printed patent d'Orsay pumps (J.Crew)

My gingham shirt is black and white, and my jacket is soft leather in the perfect shade of beige for spring to fall.  The navy fit and flare skirt really updates this as a spring look, although I wear pants more than skirts so I would swap out the skirt with slim, cropped pants.

Things must be hopping at Banana Republic because the original outfit separates are almost gone. I think of the gingham/check shirt as a closet staple and it's not surprising if they sell out at other retailers too.