4.04.2014

J.Crew Cleo Woven Leather Loafers



I just received some of the goodies that I ordered during the recent sales at J.Crew. First up are these Cleo woven leather loafers that were on my wishlist.


I wanted to give these a try since there was an additional discount off the current sale price. They feature a leather sole, lining, and upper, and a dark navy and off-white woven design. These say 'classic' print shoes to me.


Pattern mixing: Cleo loafers and the No. 2 Pencil skirt in lattice medallion

Fit is TTS and my only complaint is that they do gape a little along the sides, especially when I bend my feet. I think that's partly because the vamp is cut lower on these than on the Darby loafer. Also, I have long and narrow feet and this happens more with flat shoes that aren't made with a stiff leather. It's not a deal breaker for me, and I really like the shoes in every other way, but I'll just need think on them for a few days before I decide whether to keep or return them.

For heel lovers, the Collection Sloane woven leather pumps are another option in this pattern.
I hope you're having a great start to the weekend, and thanks for visiting my blog! :)