10.18.2013

A Week of Capsule Wardrobe Outfits



Well, this week got away on me! I didn't get a chance to do posts, but I'm ending it with a collage of the outfits I wore this week. I loved the colors of all the pieces as well as the prints in this capsule wardrobe.


It's always fun to discover items at other retailers that remind of something in my closet from J.Crew. The new Layton sweater is a fun alternative to the one I'm wearing. The gray colorblocking and varied stripes make it just a little bit more interesting.

The 12 separates from my closet in this week's capsule wardrobe:
  1. Chiffon top in hothouse floral
  2. Silk linen popover
  3. Cafe capri in wool
  4. Toothpick jean in ecru
  5. Cafe capri in wool
  6. Perfect-fit long sleeve tee
  7. Marseilles floral cami
  8. Rugby stripe boatneck top
  9. Silken crewneck sweater
  10. Schoolboy blazer in velvet
  11. Blushed tweed pencil skirt
  12. Skinny jeans
Capsule Inspiration here.  How I wore it: Monday
One of my favorite tops in this set is the chiffon top in hothouse floral print, now available at the Factory in a scarf, top, skirt and a dress. A reader recently asked me for styling ideas on this one. Although I haven't seen the Factory version in real life, the silk top I have from last year has colors in it that work well with black, tan/camel, burgundy/merlot, navy, and some shades of green. I wore it with black pants, tan/black heels, and my merlot Edie purse, above. I may include it in my next capsule for some more styling ideas.